Vernon Active Health is proud to have Tim Craven and Alisha Antisin as our Massage Therapists and Rayne Wildwood offers Restorative and Thai Yoga Table Massage!
What Registered Massage Therapists (RMTs) Do:
- RMTs are trained to evaluate individual health needs, and provide active and passive techniques for complete patient care.
- RMTs provide an accurate assessment, differential diagnosis, and prognosis of specific soft tissue and musculoskeletal conditions.
- RMTs act upon the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems to improve health
Registered Massage Therapists also:
have the highest standards in North America
- have mandatory continuing education and upgrading
- are linking research to practice, including providing evidence-based patient education and remedial exercise
- have completed a specialized program at an accredited college
- have completed the BC registration exams set by the College of Massage Therapists of BC (CMTBC), and must continue with post-graduate studies to maintain registration
- honour a strict code of ethics set by the CMTBC, which ensures that patients receive safe, competent, and ethical care
What to expect at your first visit:
Medical History & Assessment
- Your initial visit will consist of a consultation of your medical history, as well as a thorough assessment (examination) of your current condition or injury.
- These are vital steps in your treatment as your therapist uses this information to make an educated decision on the best approach to treatment for you. It is very important that you do not leave anything out, as things that may not seem immediately relevant could actually have great influence on the risks and benefits of the treatment chosen for you.
- Remember, massage “therapy” is much more than just a massage, and it is in your best interest that your therapist gathers as much information as they need to provide you the most effective treatment possible. Our goal is to not only in helping to relieve your symptoms, but preventing them from recurring in the future as well (promoting good health, and saving you precious time and money in the long-term).
- It is the therapist’s goal to provide some hands-on treatment (manual therapy) at the first visit but please be prepared that this may not happen in rare situations.
- ICBC, Worksafe appointments, and complicated or chronic conditions often require longer examination time and therefore may affect treatment time.
- During any hands-on portion of the treatment your therapist will check with you to make sure you are comfortable with both the environment and with the pressure being used.
- You will be properly draped (covered) for privacy if any area of the body needs to be exposed for effective treatment.
- It is common for your therapist to take a moderate approach at the first visit in order to determine response & reaction, and then to adjust the treatment as necessary in the following visits. Be sure to let your therapist know if anything feels uncomfortable or painful, or you simply have any questions about the treatment provided.
- Towards the end of your visit your therapist will take some time to discuss his/her findings and their recommendations. In addition to the examination and treatment, another important part of your care is patient education and remedial exercise (self-care).
- Often exercises & home care will be given at a later appointment (after your therapist has become familiar with your condition and has been able to assess your response to treatment) but be prepared that basic home care or instructions may be given at your first appointment.
- Please arrive early as you will need adequate time to fill out the paper work so that it won’t cut into your appointment time.
- If you have any billing/invoicing questions please ensure these are answered before your treatment begins.
- We encourage you to express any questions or concerns you may have at any time so that you are comfortable and clearly understand the goals of your treatment and the treatment approach chosen for you.
Please call 250.545.2468 for an appointment!
3123-31st Ave, Vernon, BC